Boston Highland Ball
Friday May 12 through Sunday May 14, 2017
Friday May 12, 2017, 8:00 pm
First Parish Church, 349 Boston Post Rd, Weston, Massachusetts
The Friday dance is a time to welcome out-of-town guests, meet new friends, greet old friends, and practice a couple of tricky dances from Saturday's program.
Tickets $13 RSCDS / $15 non-members. Tea contributions welcome.
Saturday May 13, 2017
Melrose Memorial Hall, 590 Main St, Melrose, Massachusetts
with Saucy Bess
Saturday's formal ball is the weekend's main event. The evening begins with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at 5:30, followed by dinner at 6:30pm. The grand march starts at 7:45, followed by the ball at 8:00.
- Tom Pixton, accordion+piano
- Catherine Miller, fiddle
- Nora Smith, fiddle
- Cam Webster, drums, pipes
- Tickets for dinner and dancing: $80 RSCDS / $85 non-members / $50 students
- Tickets for dinner-only or dance-only: $50/$55/35.
- Scholarship tickets available.
Sunday May 14, 2017, 11am
The weekend finishes with a potluck brunch. Please bring a brunch item to share, as we recover from last night's festivities. Around noon, the party moves outside to do some dancing on the lawn. Bring your ghillies or any comfortable shoes for dancing outdoors, and musicians can bring instruments for a jam session!
Please park at Lincoln Town Hall; full directions will be available in the ball booklet or by emailing the ball chairs.
Please contact the ball chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- if you are coming from out of town and would like hospitality with one of our local members.
- if you have any questions about the events or need map/directions for Sunday.
- if you would like more information about Thursday's ball prep walkthrough.